OUR INVESTMENT THESIS
We leverage digital transformation effect . . .
- Global megatrends pivoting to digitalisation, innovation and preference for digital user experience.
- Transformational effect of digital technology, leading to significant cost savings, productivity and improved user experience.
- Tremendous opportunities for entrepreneurial tech startups to disrupt traditional incumbents.
. . . on South East Asia digital economy
- SEA region experiencing rapid adoption of digitalisation given the high proportion of internet users amongst its large population and government’s investment in technology infrastructure.
- Growth drivers of SEA digital economy include young demographics, urbanisation and rising internet consuming middle class with greater spending power.
- Accelerating the growth of tech startup ecosystems to develop innovative solutions to enhance user experience and address pain points.
Harnessing technology in the context of social and demographic trends in SEA region
We focus on four SEA countries with active startup ecosystems and deal activity
- Global leading digital innovation hub
- Concerted government support to develop vibrant startup ecosystem
- Thriving startup ecosystem backed by strong capital flow
- Populous market representing significant consumption opportunities
- Fast emerging as major startup ecosystem with foreign investment inflows
- Rapid digital adoption by young and internet savvy population
- Growing investor interests in digital tech startups
- Progressive market stance towards innovation and technology
We focus on three digital sectors with strong growth opportunities and market traction
- B2C operators and B2B companies providing digital business models/solutions such as SaaS, data analytics, artificial intelligence and administrative tools to support e-Commerce platforms.
- Consumers are accustomed to using e-Commerce platforms to buy products and services conveniently, and increasingly seek more personalised user experience.
- The e-Commerce landscape has been well established in the SEA region. Significant long term growth prospects for e-Commerce tech startups given the relative low market penetration of online sales vis-à-vis offline sales in the SEA region.
- B2B and B2C ventures in financial services such as payment, lending, investment, banking, insurance, wealth management, regulation, finance and accounting.
- Consumers are more receptive to online financial transactions given the speed and convenience of digital access.
- Significant long term growth potential for fintech startups in SEA region considering the large unbanked or underbanked rural segment, and growing demand from urban users for innovative and personalised user experience in financial services.
- B2B and B2C providers of healthcare services through digital applications such as telemedicine, prevention and monitoring tools, operations and care management analytics and administrative tools.
- Consumers are leveraging convenient digital access to health and wellness, diagnosis and early disease detection.
- Long-term growth potential for healthtech startups given the rise in chronic diseases, growing consciousness for healthy lifestyle and increase in elderly population in the SEA region.
Multiplying network effects for economies of scale
Our key investment principles guiding decision making . . .
Large Addressable Market with Strong Growth Potential
Scalable Business Model with Revenue Track Record
Innovative Digital Solution
to Addresses Pain Points
with Experienced Team
with Identifiable Exit Plan